1995 Ls400 Jerky Transmission/accelerator

yotoy82

I don't know how to describe this problem except that... When accelerating, when I take my foot off the accelerator, specially at 30 miles per hour, there is a big jerk. Its like the throttle is super sensitive , can feel it in the driveway the car just drives jerky. Take foot off the accelerator and feel a bump in the transmission. This just started recently and is not related to that tsb about the ECU because that was an engine like issue at 40-45. This new problem is just annoying. My independent mechanic said it was the engine mounts, so I changed engine and transmission mounts.. old ones were pretty much in good condition, tranny a little worn... didnt solve the problem

Not sure where to go from here... took it to a toyota dealer and the service guy took a ride with me and said it was the transmission acting up and just to live with it. I cant buy it that an LS400 with 118k would have tranny issues.

The only thing I can think of is a family member let some oil lube place flush the transmission and god knows what they put in, certainly wasn't Toyota T4! But it drove perfectly fine for two years after that.

Should I flush with T4? or is there another issue here.

I don't know how to describe this problem except that... When accelerating, when I take my foot off the accelerator, specially at 30 miles per hour, there is a big jerk. Its like the throttle is super sensitive , can feel it in the driveway the car just drives jerky. Take foot off the accelerator and feel a bump in the transmission. This just started recently and is not related to that tsb about the ECU because that was an engine like issue at 40-45. This new problem is just annoying. My independent mechanic said it was the engine mounts, so I changed engine and transmission mounts.. old ones were pretty much in good condition, tranny a little worn... didnt solve the problem

Not sure where to go from here... took it to a toyota dealer and the service guy took a ride with me and said it was the transmission acting up and just to live with it. I cant buy it that an LS400 with 118k would have tranny issues.

The only thing I can think of is a family member let some oil lube place flush the transmission and god knows what they put in, certainly wasn't Toyota T4! But it drove perfectly fine for two years after that.

Should I flush with T4? or is there another issue here.

Keep running it with the wrong ATF and 188k will be like 1 million miles to that transmission. You MUST run Type IV fluid, at least change that for now. My money is that it is ECM related sorry to say. Other than that maybe torque converter? Assuming the transmission operates normally at other speeds.

Yeah, gonna have to flush it with Toyota fluid and go from there.. I have a new ECU that I still have to change out for the stalling issue so will see