Digital Dash Cluster Repair?

Larry W

I was on Ebay earlier looking at Lexus parts for sale and I saw an ad for back lighting repair on my 1994 Lexus LS. The needle tips are OK just when its cold outside the backlights flicker and then go out for about 10 minutes. He says he has repaired 2500 of these dash clusters. Has anyone had any experience before I ship my dash cluster to him? The cost is less than $60 plus $15 to ship it to David Ruberg 123 W. Sarnia Street, Winona, MN 55987.

I'm ready to pull the dash as soon as I get some positive feedback. Thank you.

I've never heard of the company or person involved but there again I'm in the UK but if he's done 2500 he should know what he is doing.

The price is the cheapest I've seen for the cluster repair although if you can solder it costs a couple of bucks for the capacitors.

If you aren't sure ask for some testimonials from satisfied customers and check his ebay feedback.

Another option is to download the repair tutorial and ask a local radio repair shop to fit the parts for you.

If I wasn't so far away I'd do the job for a couple of beers.

If you do decide to send it make sure it is well wrapped and insured in transit.

Edit, just had a look and with 100% feedback and a lot of repairs I would go for it.