New Tires

sdman

Getting ready to install new tires onmy 2010 ES350.

Does anyone have any recommendation on tire replacement?

I have Bridgestone Turanza EL400 on it now and haven't been satisfied

with them. Noisy and rapid wear.

Thanks,

Sam

Getting ready to install new tires onmy 2010 ES350.

Does anyone have any recommendation on tire replacement?

I have Bridgestone Turanza EL400 on it now and haven't been satisfied

with them. Noisy and rapid wear.

Thanks,

Sam

The Michelin MXV4 (not sure sure the letters are in the right order) is the best and most popular choice for the late model ES350. It excels in being smooth, quiet, good wear, and good control. You could also check Tire Rack for information and pricing.

Paul

Primacy MXV4's come in "H" and "V" ratings. Just replaced my OEM EL400's with the Primacy "V" rated....great tire, performance with good ride quality.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You shouldn't run H-rated tires if the manufacture calls for V-rated tires. Speed ratings are not just about the max speed. Higher speed rated tires have better handling and braking characteristics that are built into a car's design. http://blog.tirevan.com/2011/01/18/tire-speed-rating-its-not-just-about-how-fast-you-drive/ http://www.ehow.com/facts_7910006_can-speed-rated-tires-car.html

It's not illegal but some tire installers may refuse installing lower speed-rated tires.

"Why does your Camry have a “V” rated tire? Well it’s because the suspension installed in your vehicle will work much better with a higher speed rated tire. It’s also because those good brakes on the vehicle will benefit from the tires construction. So why should you be worried about installing the proper speed rating? Because if you would like your vehicle to handle the same, brake in about the same distance and be about as quiet as it was when you bought it, the speed rating will play a significant role in assuring this. You can always go up in speed rating and expect the normal changes in handling, noise and braking but you should never go down in speed rating. When it comes to emergency maneuvering, wouldn’t you want to have at least the minimum response from your vehicle that it was designed for?"

• 2 months later...

Just replaced my Michelin's with Yokohama Ascend V rated. Much cheaper than Michelin , longer tread ware, same heat and wet performance at a lot less cost. The ride is great, quiet with better handling.