300 Miles On Original Rebuilt 97' Tranny

Well guys, thats what I get for buying a used car. I kind of feel like an idiot for selling my other one? I guess you never really know- no matter how much investigation you put into a used vehicle.

Soon after buying my 97' the tranny began to smell hot! I made sure all of the vital fluids were replaced, and thought it was just from being on the highway for a long time? As I discussed on a previous post, the tranny began making noises- and not holding a gear as it should. After having the pan dropped, and inspected- they found some metal shavings on the magnets, and agreed that it was not shifting properly and also thought the overdrive may be having problems.(3 months after purchase- 110k miles).

After tearing it down, they found worn out clutches, and needing a torque converter, and some other rebuild misc parts and fluid replacement- the overdrive was fine. I ended up getting the national warranty for three years, and much better service than any dealership-as they would only use a used or something rebuilt from some other vehicle, not knowing what was done to it. I know exactly what was done to my car, and have much better parts- that I requested: like carbon fiber clutch discs etc. It feels much firmer, holds a gear much better, and shifts smoother- better now that I just had them change it all over to synthetic!

The total cost came to $2375 with the nationwide warranty. I'm still *BLEEP*ed that I had to put the money into my "commuter car", but I feel that it will last for years to come. I also learned that from talking to many people about this situation: NOBODY realizes that your tranny needs to be regularly serviced!!! Please get yours done- and if you haven't, and you try to sell your car- TELL the person you sold it to! Because they will have to pay for your ignorance! Can you tell I'm still *BLEEP*ed- they guy that owned my car did no service to the tranny at all!@*#@ The guy before him did the 30k only. I hope this helps you guys in the future, and I want to appologize for my understandable hostility as stated. PS: I still wish it were a five speed!