Navigation Issue

Lessence

Hello all. I am new to this forum and though this is my third lexus, I have just moved into the LS territory for the first time. My 2005 LS430 is practically flawless aside from the blank navigation screen. Now what seems odd to me is that the monitor works just fine when I hit audio, options, and climate. But when i push the menu, navi, or destination, the screen remains back lit and blank. I would appreciate any advice/info anyone has to give. Thank you, and I look forward to enjoying and participating in this forum with you all. Good day gentlemen...... and ladies.

A blank screen doesn't sound too good - I would have expected an error message such as "insert disk", "read error", etc.

I would start with looking for the diagnostic procedure on https://techinfo.toyota.com/ $15 gets you a 2-day subscription to download as much as you want.

Where in Kansas?

Hello all. I am new to this forum and though this is my third lexus, I have just moved into the LS territory for the first time. My 2005 LS430 is practically flawless aside from the blank navigation screen. Now what seems odd to me is that the monitor works just fine when I hit audio, options, and climate. But when i push the menu, navi, or destination, the screen remains back lit and blank. I would appreciate any advice/info anyone has to give. Thank you, and I look forward to enjoying and participating in this forum with you all. Good day gentlemen...... and ladies.

Hi Anthony, and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club!

IMHO, I agree with Elvis. I think you have a problem that may require an exspensive part replacement. If you are not a do-it-your selfer like me, I would recommend taking it to a dealer for just a diagnosis. If it is going to require replacement of say a circuit board, processor, software re-load, etc, you can then shop around for the best price for parts and a reasonably priced garage.

For parts, one of our members, "dcfish", is an authorized dealer for Lexus audio and navigation equipment. You can contact him on this site for advice or for the purchase of parts.

Paul

A blank screen doesn't sound too good - I would have expected an error message such as "insert disk", "read error", etc.

I would start with looking for the diagnostic procedure on https://techinfo.toyota.com/ $15 gets you a 2-day subscription to download as much as you want.

Where in Kansas?

Topeka

Did you try rebooting the car? Disconnect the negative battery terminal for 5 min and reconnect. You'll here stuff like the climate control resetting itself and maybe some of your radio settings will be deleted but it's worth a shot.

Where in Kansas?

Topeka