Lexus Ls400 91' A/c Light Blinks Compressor Clutch Not Engage

anthonyinit

Hello all,

i have a lexus ls400 90' recently i did some repair to my ac system, there was a major leak from High pressure valuve so my tech. told me to seal the high pressure valve and they did seal it. after they fill the feon and checked my A/C, it was fine and A/C did work fine.

After few days time my A/C light start to blink and i can feel the clutch is missing after few sec. i turn on the A/C. so i went to them and told them about it and they told me to fix my fan in front (there are 2 fans in front to cool the condensor correct?) one is not working. but i used to run the car without this fan for 1year and now how come this happen after they fix this valve issue.

do you think this happen bcuz of one of my fan not working? or they seal the high pressur valve?

kindly help me out bcuz i have no idea whats happening? i don't even know the correct names of these parts.

thank you

I doubt if the one nonworking electric fan caused the problem since in most of the rest of the world the early 90-94 LS400 came with only one fan instead of two.

What does your repair shop say is wrong?

Has this car been converted from R12 to R134a? R134a refrigerent generally leaks from systems made for R12 at a higher rate but at least it is much cheaper to recharge.

When the A/C compressor light blinks, it means the compressor is locking up. What this means to you is much more severe. From now on, you will probably never have A/C in the car because IF it is whatit appears to be (compressor failure) then it will cost you $2500 to replace the A/C system. When I first hear this I said yeah, BS but then I took it to another place and then another and another and all said, expensive because apparently you have to remove the dash and many other parts. When it first happened way back 5 years ago, I had it converted to R-134A which worked for awhile then the same thing. As a result, my beautiful LS400 sits al most all summer while I drive one of my other cars with A/C. Sure wish it worked but after 5 or 6 years, I hold little hope.

I think there is a lockout feature for low refrigerant to protect the compressor. You might still have a leak and the system is protecting you from making matters worse.

This is pretty specialized knowledge (AC/Refrigeration). I would be inclined to work with dealer on this issue as they know the common problems with the various models. Not really DIY.

My friend remove the 2 wire connectors from the A/C compressor and re plug them back, after i try to put my A/C and the problem came, next day i put the A/C when i start the car and it gave me the same problem so i turned the A/C of and on again and the A/C start to work without any problem now i'm using the car without problem for 5days however sometimes i will have to use 1 or 2 time off and on again to A/C to work (Compressor) sound funny ha!

could electric problem effect this A/C because i think my car has electric issue as well. i heard in many farums that lexus ls 400 has this trunk wires issue and that will bring lots of electrical issue to the car like loosing power / burned break bulb indicator / when pushing the break on parking radio light go off and on kind of stuff and many other issues

:unsure:

by the way this is the sweetes car ever! i got it from my grandfather.... :cheers:

• 1 month later...