Sub Woofer Removal How To

I am just short of breaking the grill off my rear deck to get to the dinky pioneer sub. I have the front two clips off but the rear of the grill is stuck. I searched for a how to no avail. Does anyone have experience removing the pioneer 10" sub? 96 gs300.

Got my new sub installed and amped out over the weekend. HHHUUUUUUGGGEEE improvement.

To remove pop the front clips on the grill straight up

Then pull toward and up on the grill. this will either unclip the grill from the pop rivets or pop the rivets out of the rear deck.

Their are 6 pop rivets securing the grill down. 4 corners and 2 at halfway points.

Clip off the speaker wire then unscrew the dinky pioneers 4 screws.

The hole will fit a standard 10" sub but requires some modification to either your

speaker or the plastic surround it sets in.

The pioneer speaker basket is not exactly round. It is infact short about a 1/4 inch of being perfectly round on 2 sides. Either trim your speakers basket 1/4" with a cut off wheel or grind down the surround and re-seal the hole with some fiberglass.

You need an amp, period. Without proper power it sounds dinky off the stock deck and is not worth the time and effort.

Amp it with a good 400 watts and BOOOOOOOOM! THats what I'm talkin about, some good in car bass!