Need Help On New Tires For Gs 300

bbbic

I need to replace my old tires on my 2001 GS 300. I've had my mind set on the Bridgestone Turanza LS-V, but recently read a couple bad reviews and am also looking into BF Goodrich. Anyone have experience with these tires?

Toyo Proxes TPT's. Check the toyo website @ www.toyo.com to find your size & speed rating....excellent tire in all weather, great tread wear, traction & temperature rating as well, plus the price is right! I had Bridgestones & they were the worst tire I've ever owned even in light rain......no need to talk about the snowy stuff lol. Good Luck!

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

You may already have your tires but, if not, I'll be shodding my GS300 with Toyo Proxes TPTs when they arrive this week. I felt a V-rated tire was more than I really needed and would just wear out faster, so I'm going with an H-rated version at $102/tire from NTB via special order. DO NOT put Dunlop SP A2s on the GS300. That is what I replaced the OEM Bridgestones with in 2002, and while rated as a 50k tire, they only lasted 20k. This seems to be a relatively common report on the Dunlop SP A2...not wearing well on heavier cars. Fortunately the short life of the Dunlops means a 60% credit toward the Toyos I'm buying.