Factory Amp....yes Or No?

How does one tell if a factory amp is installed or not? I have an 06 RX 400H that did not come with the factory navigation system. It has an indash 6 disc cd changer and tape cassette. I am going to replace this unit and there is a different wiring harness adapter for units that have factory amps and for those without factory amps. Just want to be sure I order the correct adapter.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

John

How does one tell if a factory amp is installed or not? I have an 06 RX 400H that did not come with the factory navigation system. It has an indash 6 disc cd changer and tape cassette. I am going to replace this unit and there is a different wiring harness adapter for units that have factory amps and for those without factory amps. Just want to be sure I order the correct adapter.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

John

Hi John,

Regardless of the equipment you have, or whether you have navigation, your car has a factory installed amplifier.(unless someone put an aftermarket one in earlier, doubtfull). It has to have an amp to power most of the equipment or you wouldn't hear anything.

I'm soory, but I don't know where it's located at on you model. Here is a link to a vendor who might have the harness you need.

http://metraonline.com/vfg