No Heat 92 Sc400

I have a 92 SC400 with 167k miles. Car is in relatively good condition considering it is 20 years old. However I do have a problem with getting no heat. I have replaced the thermostat thinking that was the problem, but alas still no heat. Heater blows cold even with temp control cranked all the ways up. Any/all ideas appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

• 5 months later...

This is the notorious heater control valve acting up. This is by the passenger sidefirewall where the the wiring harness goes through the firewall. Replace it with a new used one. make sure the vacuum lines are not unplugged allowing it not to open and close properly.

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem recently and the only thing I needed to do was a coolant flush. I hadn't done it in way over 60k miles bc it was really clean etc. The second I did a coolant flush, not just a top off or whatever, the heater was back to its prime. sometimes a dirty heater core wont allow you the hot air you want inside the cabin.

Cheers

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...