Key Hole Cover Missing...where Can I Buy One?

babyduke

2009 ES 350

Battery was low on my key so I had to flip the little cover open to use the key. I thought I put it back but it's missing. I've been searching all over the on the internet and browsing thru old posts but can't seem to find where to buy it from before I contact the dealer. Does anyone know where I can buy it or the part#? Thanks.

2009 ES 350

Battery was low on my key so I had to flip the little cover open to use the key. I thought I put it back but it's missing. I've been searching all over the on the internet and browsing thru old posts but can't seem to find where to buy it from before I contact the dealer. Does anyone know where I can buy it or the part#? Thanks.

You might try ebay, they have a lot of parts available. Or a Lexus dealership. It would cost more there but probably not a real expensive part and you'd get it right away.

Can you post a picture of your key and the spot where you're missing a part? I have a lot of spare lexus key parts, various years and models. I can send you the part you're missing if i have it. ^_^

• 1 year later...

The key cap design is unworthy of the Lexus brand. It appears so chintzy as to wear out with merely one or two removals. Mine had been removed by the local Toyota service while reprogramming a new smart key. Subsequently my wife handed me the cap which fell off while closing the door.

Inspection showed no breakage nor signs of wear.

Packing the cap with modeling clay and pressing the assembly completely closed, then carefully extracting the clay, I was able to determine contact clearances to insert 2 sided tape at those strategic points after carefully cleaning all surfaces with lacquer thinner to allow adhesion.

Time will tell if this lasts, but right now I know it doesn't easily flick off with a fingernail.

Or you might use bubble gum.

Or you can fork over a twenty for a new badly designed cap.