Malfunction And Track Lights On, Filled Tank They Went Off

JoshN

This is per my owner's manual description. I'm wondering if these lights going on in unison indicate problems to come? I am 20K miles late on changing the plugs per the 60K recommend. (my mechanic has said because they're iradium or whatever I can push this service.)

These lights have never stayed on before in the 80,000 miles I've driven the car. (tank was almost on empty, but the low fuel light was not on yet.)

Thanks so much.

First, the plugs are due at 90K and the toyota vechicles with the engine and plugs are 105 or 120 K, cant remember, so you can and people have gone over the 90k with no problem.

Check your lexus maintanance table.

If you filled your tankand lights went off maybe it was the cap not on tight.

Get the codes read, or buy a code reader.

This is per my owner's manual description. I'm wondering if these lights going on in unison indicate problems to come? I am 20K miles late on changing the plugs per the 60K recommend. (my mechanic has said because they're iradium or whatever I can push this service.)

These lights have never stayed on before in the 80,000 miles I've driven the car. (tank was almost on empty, but the low fuel light was not on yet.)

Thanks so much.

I have wondered why the more complete maintenance schedules have been removed from the Lexus owners website. The simple one now there says the spark plug change interval for the 2004 IS300 is 60,000 miles: http://drivers.lexus...nts/41e2smt.pdf

As the previous poster said, the CEL could have been caused by a loose gas cap.

The spark plug change interval is much shorter on at least some 6-cylinder models. The change interval of the iridium plugs on my LS is 120,000 miles and the original plugs looked good as new when I had it done.