Drive Mode: Eco Vs. Normal?

nycbreckman

Hey folks! I have a 2012 CT-200h and love it. Still getting used to everything that is in the car. I'm trying to get an answer based on experience. Is there a real MPG difference between driving in Eco vs Normal mode? I assume Normal is where they want you to drive (hence the name) but I'm all about going as far as I can on a gallon.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Hey folks! I have a 2012 CT-200h and love it. Still getting used to everything that is in the car. I'm trying to get an answer based on experience. Is there a real MPG difference between driving in Eco vs Normal mode? I assume Normal is where they want you to drive (hence the name) but I'm all about going as far as I can on a gallon.

I use the Eco all the time -- I get enough power so why not. For those tanks that I drive less than 70 MPH, I get around 52 in the summer, 48 in the winter (Wisconsin). If I am on the Interstate going 75 MPH, I get around 44 summer and 38 winter. I am not hyper diligent, just drive conservatively (except for highway where I usually want to get somewhere quickly).

Not exactly what you asked about, but maybe this helps.

• 11 months later...

I got my F-sport in March and had been doing Eco only. I recently decided to try Normal to see how much difference it makes. So far, I did notice one thing - when in Normal, the A/C cools the car faster than when in Eco. Haven't tried it long enough to tell about gas use yet.

• 2 months later...

I got my F-sport in March and had been doing Eco only. I recently decided to try Normal to see how much difference it makes. So far, I did notice one thing - when in Normal, the A/C cools the car faster than when in Eco. Haven't tried it long enough to tell about gas use yet.

Hi Steve and welcome to the LOC.

I run both my Lexus in ECO mode almost all the time. In your Owners Manual it describes the purpose of each mode. ECO is set for driving when frequent acceleration wil be required. I notice a differance in the transmission shift points in this mode. I have no imperical evidance but I do think it improves MPG a small amount.

Sport mode resets both transmisson and steering. The steering is enhanced for more precise handling and works with the transmiission for greater acceleration response. Setting good for mountain roads.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Hi

I own a Lexus ct200h. I at 110,000 miles. I plan on taking a trip to Florida round trip will be $3,000 miles. I'm wondering if I should change out the wheel bearings as they have not been touched. I would hate for them to go out on our trip. Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

• 1 year later...