Need To Get New Tires For 18's

I just recently bought some 18x7.5 rims and need to get tires. I want a high performace tire that performs very good in water. I don't want to pay way too much like 250 a tire, b/c that is more than I paid for the rims. The tire size I am looking at are 225/40/18 and 215/35/18. What are the differences in the tires?

What car is this for? The two sizes you listed are has an outside diameter difference on over an inch. You'll want to get the tires to be closer to the stock diameter and for that, we'll need what car this is going on so we can get the stock wheel size.

• 1 month later...

you're not going to find a whole lot of choices for tires. do you want ultra high performance SUMMER or ultra high performance All Season??

FOR AllSeason you only have a few choices:

Michelin Pilot Sport AS

Yohohama DBS2

Kumho 712

Pirelli PZero Nero

pilot sports were $250 a tire, dbs2s were about $175..

Good luck.

the kuhmo's are garbage don;t buy them even for under 100 a tire they aren;t worth $1

i have a set of bridgestone potenza runflats in 245 40 zr 18

$600 90% tread left

215 is too small a width for a 18 inch rim 225 is ok but 245 is what you should be running on a 18 rim

I actually have already bought tires. I ended up going with the goodyear eagle f1 gsd3. They are awesome. Price was about average as compared with all other in its class. I decided on this tire based on tire directs test. I am very pleased with these tires. Thanks for your suggestions.