Squeal Under The Hood Of Driver's Side

davidtjone

Just replacing Cam Sensor and Knock Sensor in the repair shop and they also do some test with diagnostic tool T605,there is no problem with the car.

But After less than 20 miles 's drive, there is a very high pitched squeal when I mash the accelerator. The more I accelerate, the more the sound

becomes like a very shrill whistle. The sound is coming from under the hood on the driver's side. Does anyone have any ideas?

The noise is obviously following the engine RPM's and could be an accessory. You might consider temporarily removing the serpentine belt and starting the engine to see if the noise is gone. If so, it is an accessory item like A/C, idler pulley, etc. If the noise persists w/o the belt, then something in the cam area may be rubbing. I would not drive it w/o the serp belt but you can start it up in the driveway and rev it a bit.

A cheap mechanics stethoscope can also help isolate a noise. Just an old (short) piece of garden hose held up to one ear and the other onto various parts of the engine can be useful. I bought a cheap medical stethoscope from CVS that I put a large spike nail in the hose end and press the head of the spike onto areas of the engine to listen.