Stereo Problems

i recently got a box of 2 ten inch subs and an amp, and i wanted to hook them up in my car. i unhooked the stock head unit, started to hook up the ground wire and battery wire when the battery sparked. i unhooked the subs and then hooked up the unit. when i turned the car on the stereo wouldnt turn on but the heater and stuff did. i checked the fuse that controls the stereo and stuff and it didnt appear to be blown..what should i do

also, when i get the head unit repaired where do i hook up the output converter once i plug in the two rca cords.

94' es300.i unhooked all the wire harnesses in the head unit and pulled it out. i screwed in the ground wire from my amp, and then went to screw in the battery wire. the battery sparked when i touched it with the battery wire. so i disconnected the ground wire and battery wire and then reconnected the wire harnesses to the head unit. when i turned the car on the heat/ac worked but the stereo didnt turn on.

nope 94's don;t have a code for them

Are you sure you plugged all the harness back into the deck?

You might want to double check also make sure you did crimp a wire and short it out on the back of the deck against the metal frame.

Does everything else in the car work like the cig plug?

i just took it to an car audio guy at a nearby store. he said all the fuses are fine and that he doesnt know what the problem is..he also said that when he checked the amount of power going to the deck it was only 10 amps...he said the usual power is around 20 amps. he said to contact the lexus dealer.

the deck is not amplified there is an amp under you pass seat so you wouldn;t get alot of power.

do the lights on the deck turn on when you turn the headlights on. I can;t remember if they do as i don;t have a stock deck anymore.

amp is located underneath the passenger front seat.

you pull the seat alltheway forward and you can get it from there.

i've just finished my whole sound system. mine works great. no problems at all.

I really think it's the fuse, if not, check relay. but i doubt it's relay. b/c i've never had a car that had a bad relay.

there are multiple fuse boxes, have you checked them all? one under the hood and the other one on the driverside panel.

if not, i think your headunit could be fried.

hahah sk actually i might have to disagree with you... i'm using the stock amp... wired through a rca hookup to an aftermarket HU and wiring harness. it's quite simple... RCA connection, basic wirehookup minus the extra pull for each speaker and straight on the headunit. the power i've seen from my little $100 Pioneer HU is actually stronger than the stock HU i had before. the only thing i've lost is the ability to move my sound from left to right... but i don't really see the point of that at all anyways... i've always played music straight through all speakers on the car. never used the fader and balance. there actually IS a way to wire a HU up to the stock amp. lol. just took a while to figure out... and a nice experienced audio tech at Best Buy. :)

i would've done the total new amp hookup... but didn't really want to spend too much money on audio for this car... since my mom's thinking about trading it in for another car. maybe the IS300/IS330, G35 Coupe, or maybe i'll try and find a nice used 240SX for a nice little red top SR20DET drop-in as a college project car. :)

kev

Alright..heres the deal

Turns out my stock amplifier is blown. The guy at best buy told me either i have to buy another amplifier for speakers, whcih would make two amplifiers, one for my subs and one for the speakers. That costing about 220+....Or I can buy a cd player that has 3 pre outs so i can hook up the amp and all my speakers to it..that costing about 160 for just the cd player

Are those my only options?...if so what would be the cheapest route to go?