Es300 - 97 - Minor Scratch Turns To Rust :-(

total1

1997 ES300 128K miles; oyster color; great shape

I have a driver's rear quarter panel scratch just above and to the right of the wheel opening. The scratch is about 4-5" long and just deep enough to break the paint which is just now showing rust in the scratch. I don't know what caused the scratch. I am the second owner and the car is housed in an attached garage every night. My wife drives the car each day to/from work. I live in the midwest.

What are my options and your ideas to rectify this without paying a paint-repair shop for a complete repaint of the quarter panel?

TIA!!!

1997 ES300 128K miles; oyster color; great shape

I have a driver's rear quarter panel scratch just above and to the right of the wheel opening. The scratch is about 4-5" long and just deep enough to break the paint which is just now showing rust in the scratch. I don't know what caused the scratch. I am the second owner and the car is housed in an attached garage every night. My wife drives the car each day to/from work. I live in the midwest.

What are my options and your ideas to rectify this without paying a paint-repair shop for a complete repaint of the quarter panel?

TIA!!!

it will be done if you could find the DIY paint bottle in your market. you have to paint the whole panel. can you? or try to brush it with your wife's Nail enamel. just jorking.