Battery Life Time Issue

Jimmy123

Hi,

I have a 2011 IS 250 C with the keyless operating system. I have had repeated problems with battery life that prevents me from opening or operating the car. I found out that this is a know problem on several models of Lexus with this system from 2004 to 2011. I was told that when the device is place near or exposed to almost any electronics device (TV, Radio, Microwave, Oven, Computers, WiFi LANs, Cell Phone, ...), the device can trigger and the battery drained. I have been left stranded at many location and the dealership is offering me extra batteries to address the electronic design flaw. Does any one know of a real fix such as a

1. Software that turns of the remote sensing aspect of the key/entry device and allows it to be used manually?

2. Battery indicator light to show the life time of the battery key/entry device?

3. After market devices that address this issue?

Sir, I think you are being misinformed about this. The battery in the remote key, the kind of system that allows you to open the doors by touch, should last about two years in normal service. There are lots of possible explanations for what you are experiencing however depletion of the battery by some external device is not among them.

I have not heard of this with Lexus. I did replace my remote batteries at the 4 year mark on my IS350. Both remotes went dead at that time.

The owners manual has the procedure for starting the car with dead remote battery, it works fine.