Sc 430 Rear Seat Removal

MUDGUTS

Hello from the UK.

I have a question regarding the removal of the rear seats on an SC 430. Having looked at a few on the web, I notice that although there are some rear seats, the space in the back is probably unusable for anyone larger than a very small child.

What I was thinking about was removing the rear seats totally and having that area re-trimmed, ideally in a very similar carpet to the rest of the car and mayby put some hide in there too. This would give me a nice area for bags, etc.

Is this feasable? Are there components that sit behind the seats that would get in the way or otherwise pervent me doing this? Has anyone else done this or condidered it? All contributions welcome.

Currently I'm running a LS400 but rarely use the back seats and we have other large cars in the family.

• 3 months later...

I had to remove the back seats on my SC430 because I am having problem with my roof. There are some cables that run under the seats but there is no components at all.

speaking of rear seat removal. i was just on another forum site and some lady was talking about losing weight after baby delivery and the preferred bra she wore for nursing. i asked her what that had to do with lexus and got no response