How To Fix Shifter Locking For Lexus Gs300 2000 Model

Hello Lexus friends,

I am a new member here just wanted to ask if anyone had come across with issues with Shifter Locking up on any GS300 from 1998-2005 models? I have apparently had issues with mines which is a 2000 model I have it check with the dealer they told me it maybe the tranny shifter sensor which may cost me about $500 just for the part. So I was wondering if theres a better solution for my issue! By the way I just put a hard paper for the override shift so I can drive the car but when I remove that it wont to to the D neither of any of them.

Thanks,

Lexu810

post-139719-0-73650600-1334597923_thumb.

• Like 1

The most common cause of the shift lever not wanting to come out of Park is a defective brake light switch at the top of the brake lever - inexpensive to replace ... $50?

Do your brake lights light up?

Guru how do I find the brake light switch I don't see one on my dash. Also can you buy the brake lever after market or it has to be from the dealer?

Thanks,

The brake light switch is at the top of the brake pedal lever. I don't know if aftermarket brake light switches are available for your car but they are fairly inexpensive from online Lexus parts suppliers.

Do your brake lights work?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the switch needs adjusted. My cruise will not dissengage till I push the pedal down quite a bit. I have a lead foot though so when shifting from park, I have no issues. If I barely pess the brake pedal, then it will not come out of park. I live with it. If it aint broke dont fix it imo.

• 2 months later...

Well for me i do really think that the most typical cause of the move handle not seeking to come out of Recreation area is a faulty braking mechanism mild change at the top of the braking mechanism handle - it's really affordable to substitute. ..

baltimore car service | baltimore limousine service | limo service baltimore