Levinson Audio Not Working Sometimes

My 06 or 07 GS350 with levinson's audio quits working. Sometimes when the car on it doesn't turn on and when it does turn on, the volume freezes. Also unable to change the bass, mid, treeble, bal and fader. It does have aftermarket ipod adapter on it. I'm assuming I should remove first. Buying the car from my father, so haven't had troubleshooted much, just picked it up. Any help would be great

My 06 or 07 GS350 with levinson's audio quits working. Sometimes when the car on it doesn't turn on and when it does turn on, the volume freezes. Also unable to change the bass, mid, treeble, bal and fader. It does have aftermarket ipod adapter on it. I'm assuming I should remove first. Buying the car from my father, so haven't had troubleshooted much, just picked it up. Any help would be great

The head unit probably needs to be replaced. Mark Levinson does not put out repair schematics for any of it's equipment, including Lexus repair service. The only way to repair the system, is to replace a bad component.

has anyone installed an iPod adapter to the wiring harness? years ago I had issues like you on cold damp mornings. I reseated the connectors and no problem since. the sticky note at the top of this forum for DVD bypass shows how to pull the head unit. there's only a few connectors that you can pull and reset. might be a cheap fix?

Check the connector wire. is it aging? usually the problem is the wire-problem

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

is anyone looking for a good working Mark Levinson amp for a gs 300 or rx 300 01-05 as i have one for sale in excellent condition sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place

colin