How To Improve Handling For '09 Rx350 Awd

Robert9119

I do road trips as well as Santa Cruz Mt. driving and consider handling my #1 priority, followed by comfort and quiet. My RX came with 18" wheels.

- Different wheels?

- Different tires (rain included and very occassional snow) Current tires are Hancook with good tread though Consumer Reports gave them an average rank.

- Shocks?

- Different stabilizer bar?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I do road trips as well as Santa Cruz Mt. driving and consider handling my #1 priority, followed by comfort and quiet. My RX came with 18" wheels.

- Different wheels?

- Different tires (rain included and very occassional snow) Current tires are Hancook with good tread though Consumer Reports gave them an average rank.

- Shocks?

- Different stabilizer bar?

Thanks

I would look up "Tire Rack" online for their evaluation and recomendation. They are by far the "go to" source used by most car guys. Personally, I think their more accurate than Consumer Reports.

A larger wheel will make your RX ride like a lumber wagon. Stick with the OEM wheel size that came with the RX.

Paul

First thing is to play with the PSI that you are running in your tires. My guess would be to lower it a couple PSI in each tire. Most of the dealers over inflate the tires. I alway readjust my tires and end up lowering it a couple. The lower pressure will give you a much better ride.

Personally, I think their more accurate than Consumer Reports.

Even better than AOL? :blushing::lol: :)

Haven't messed with you in awhile! :cheers:

Perfect example had my GX460 serviced yesterday. Checked the air in the tires this morning and they all were at 37 PSI. This gives a much rougher ride. Dropped them all to 33 and as the weather warms up I may end up lowering them more. Check your air pressure first.

First thing is to play with the PSI that you are running in your tires. My guess would be to lower it a couple PSI in each tire. Most of the dealers over inflate the tires. I alway readjust my tires and end up lowering it a couple. The lower pressure will give you a much better ride.
Personally, I think their more accurate than Consumer Reports.
Even better than AOL? :blushing::lol: :) Haven't messed with you in awhile! :cheers:

I'm no longer using AOL. At your suggestion, I decided to swtich to K...M.A. .( LOL)