New Post On An Old Subject (Ecm)

matchesls

I recently purchased a 1995 LS400 with 89000 original miles. The car is beautiful and runs great. I do however have the issue with the car stalling when you come to a stop after driving at highway speeds for a period of time. It also has what I call a low idle, it idles around 400 rpm with the A/C off. With the air on it idles perfectly at 650 rpm. The car will not stall after a long drive if the air is on. When it starts in the morning, it idles up to around 1200 rpm and then slowly drops to 650 or so as the car warms up. I haven't really experienced any off throttle jerk but I also came from driving a 1991 dodge diesel truck, so this car is a dream! I sent my ECM to be rebuilt #89661-50221, and that did not solve my problems. I purchased another ECM #89661-50224 from another company, and the company sent me a 89661-50221 and assured me that they updated the hardware inside to match the 89661-50224. Am I on the right track here, or could I have another issue? No CELs either. Any help is apreciated.

I believe that your exact issue has been covered before. Try a search and you find some posts. Welcome to the club!

[edit] did a quick search and found ECM "The problematic one is p/n 89661-50302. The upgraded fix p/n is 89661-50303"

I am guessing that you already saw this lengthy thread on the subject? -> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15699&hl=