Fuel Injector Cleaner?

Do any of you use a specific type of Fuel Injector Cleaner? How often? I don't have any problems, my vehicle is running perfect on 87 octane. I like to be "pro-active" when in comes to maintenance on my vehicles. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dean

I don't use anything other than the additives in the gas that I buy, and have never had a problem with dirty injectors. I'm not really brand loyal with gas but seem to use more BP since there is a station with competitive prices nearby.

After starting out using premium or mid-grade unleaded in my 2007 ES350, I used regular the final 2+ years or so. Have used only regular in my 2010. I'm in the camp that it's a personal choice and you can't go wrong using either regular or premium.

I have used 87 octane on my 09 ES since it was new,and on my old 02 with 90,000 on it and never had any problem. I aslo use Gumout injector cleamer every 5000 miles.

I wouldn't use any injector cleaner personally...

My 03 always had premium fuel, but 160k trouble free miles, nothing but fuel. Burning regular vs premium isn't going to cause any injector "build up"...

I use whatever I can get cheap--like $1.00/bottle. I don't think any specific brand is necessarily better than any other. As far as frequency, I change air filters once a year and that's the reminder to me to dump in a bottle. Of course, should the clicking noise return, I'll dump one in. I'm not too scientific about this, but since the clicking noise DID go away after a bottle, I'm at least partially convinced there's some sort of benefit here.

If there was a benefit, Lexus would have the dealers use it as a part of the scheduled maintenance. They don't...so obviously they see no benefit.

Modern gas has a good bit of detergents in it already.

• 1 month later...

I use Redline SI1 or Chevron Techron once every 20,000 miles when I change the air filter. Both are complete fuel systems cleaner. The Redline SI-1 is really just gasoline detergent and is good for keeping fuel injectors optimal and keeping the throttle body clean.

• 4 weeks later...