Tires For Ls430

Thank you for the responses. I've recently learned that Michelin is coming out with a Primacy replacement tire in April called the Premier A/S, so think I'll wait and consider the new tire, as well. Anyone familiar with this one? Also, has anyone had any experience with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tire and/or Continental PureContact w/EcoPlus Technology 97V on an LS 430? Both are highly rated and ahead of the Primacy on Tire Rack. Thanks, again.

Two answers.

1. I have had my 2002 since new and have had only Michelin Primacys (or the previous equivalent). The dealer swapped out the garbage OEM Yokohamas at my request at delivery just to keep me as a customer. Yes, they do cost more but they last a very long time and are extremely quiet as well as providing the ride I wanted. They also have very low rolling resistance for better gas mileage.

2.Re: the tires leaking air. It may be a rim leak. I have experienced this on several wheels. They are chrome Lexus wheels and have been told that this is very common for the LS 430 chromes

• 1 month later...

I had the Prmacy's on my LS430 until i sold it, but didn't realize how much better the snow traction was until i got my LS460 which has the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4's

• 1 month later...

I wanted to try the Continental Extreme Contact DWS, but they were in the middle of changing the 245/45-18 size to an XL load rating and none were available. A number of the other tire manufacturers are also changing that size to XL rating, which may mean more ride and noise issues for that size and the Lexus wheels will not accept much else. I might look into the 235/50-18 as used on the LS 460 in the future, they are only a bit larger in diameter and I don't drive the LS like my sports cars.

Therefore, for the last tire change I had Michelin Primacy MXM4s installed as a substitute. The Michelins are a bit quieter than the OEM Dunlop 5000s, which had an annoying "boom" on small road imperfections from the very beginning.

However, I've also had Michelin Primacy MXM4s on our Volvo and have never been completely happy with them. The Michelins still have more road noise than I like, in particular on the grooved section of CA freeways. Also, the Michelins on the LS 420 have a bit of an unsettled feel, it is not a vibration like poor balance or out-of-round (both checked several times) but a "squirm" feel is the best I can describe it. Both issues were also apparent on our Volvo, but not on other Michelin models. We had Michelin Hydroedge on our Volvo at one time and they did last almost 80k miles, however they are very hard and the ride / noise was not great. These were not much of an issue since we bought the LS 430 about that time and the Volvo was only used around town.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I would say you would find all of your questions answered on the ClubLexus LS430 forums in the sticky's/FAQ's at the top of the page.

if you can't find it, the members there are online more often, an can get your questions answered sooner. . .

• 3 months later...