H&r Vs Tanabe

H&R Sport vs Tanabe NF210

lowering springs for 09 IS250 AWD

having trouble deciding...i know is german vs jap and the h&r has lower drop while tanabe softer

but is hard to convert numbers to what they look like in real life

anyone have photos?

• 3 weeks later...

Get Eibach. I would get Tenabe's if your going with coilovers, but if your just going to get lower springs, then get Eibachs.

I've had Eibach 350's (same as Lexus F-sport lowering springs) on my IS350 for nearly 3 years with good results. Ride quality is still fairly good, handling slightly improved, and looks greatly improved.

You will need to research availabilty of these springs for AWD via Eibach or Lexus.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah put on H&R

Eibach were never tested on AWD and not guaranteed as front shocks on AWD and RWD are different

Only ones tested and confirmed were H&R, FSport, Tanabe, Road Magnet, Megan.

Probably next summer I'll put on some BC coils

What's your opinion of the H&R springs, now that you have them on your Lexus?

Yeah put on H&R

Eibach were never tested on AWD and not guaranteed as front shocks on AWD and RWD are different

Only ones tested and confirmed were H&R, FSport, Tanabe, Road Magnet, Megan.

Probably next summer I'll put on some BC coils

What's your opinion of the H&R springs, now that you have them on your Lexus?

on an AWD........only one thing to say.............NOT LOW ENOUGH ...lol

ride is pretty OEM-ish though, a little more feedback on bumpy roads but nothing too different, i think it's more psychological

i think the ride will become a little more harsher once i put on swaybars, but probably going to get some bc anyways

• 1 year later...

For those interested in maintaining decent ride quality, Eibach is a good choice for about 1" of lowering. Some deterioration in ride quality should be expected with any lowering springs or coilovers. Expect to pay between $500-$600 total for springs, installation, alignment via experienced high end shop (depending on location). I feel it's worth having it done right.

The H&Rs will be another nearly half inch lower but at what cost to ride quality?...