Dead Battery On 2006 Rx400H! Where Do I Go From Here?

Hey everyone! I left one of my windows down today. I went out and put the key in and turned it to "on", reached over and picked something up, and got out of the car. I went out there 3 hours later, and I nearly had a stroke. I tried turning it on and tried locking it. Nothing happened. My battery is dead (obviously not the hybrid battery). I just need to know exactly what to do from here. Do I just go and buy a new battery? What kind do I get? How do I put it in? Do I have to reset anything?

Thank you so much for your help!

Why don't you just boost it? If it's a relatively new battery, one discharge should not cause irreversible damage. If it's older, a boost may start it, but maybe it won't hold it's charge and then you'll need to look into replacing it.

If that's the original battery that died, don't bother trying to revive it. I bought a Costco Kirkland battery for about $70. It is very easy to install and you can follow the guidelines in one of the sticky posts to reset your windows, etc.

If that's the original battery that died, don't bother trying to revive it. I bought a Costco Kirkland battery for about $70. It is very easy to install and you can follow the guidelines in one of the sticky posts to rest your windows, etc.

It sounds like you may not be to much of a do-it-your selfer, and as Dave said, it is probably the original battery. Have it replaced and drive on in confidance.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Thank y'all. I just charged it. Started right up. She's a trooper :)

Same thing for me. Charged it and it was OK for a few days and then died again. You need a new battery. I got the Autocraft Gold model from a local Advance Auto Parts store. They have a good warranty. There's a discount if you order online and then pick up in store.