All Season Tire Recommendation

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Purchased a 2010 IS250 AWD and had the dealer switch out the Bridgestone Potenza's for Michelin Primacy MXV4. They are amazing tires with very good reviews. Quiet and supposed to have amazing treadlife. There are a couple of different MXV4 models so make sure they are Primacy

Good Luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LIve in NJ and looking for a good tire recommendation. would prefer all season with quiet and comfort ride.

currently have michellin a/s sport, will not get them again due to bad tread life....

Your tires tread life is fine, it is the alignment set up from the factory that is the problem. Take a look at the sticky on this forum that details the problem.

What I did is take my tires off the wheels and put the left side tires on the ride side wheels. Now the inside of the tires are on the outside of the opposite side of the car. The tires are still rolling in the same direction, just on the opposite side of the car. This will extend the life of your tires.

• 5 weeks later...

Highly recommend Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus

Just had these replaced after 27,000 miles -- worn inner edges. Michelin reimbursed 41% of the replacement cost of the Primacy MX4's. I liked the Pilot Sports, but I'm hoping these will last longer.

LIve in NJ and looking for a good tire recommendation. would prefer all season with quiet and comfort ride.

currently have michellin a/s sport, will not get them again due to bad tread life....

Your tires tread life is fine, it is the alignment set up from the factory that is the problem. Take a look at the sticky on this forum that details the problem.

What I did is take my tires off the wheels and put the left side tires on the ride side wheels. Now the inside of the tires are on the outside of the opposite side of the car. The tires are still rolling in the same direction, just on the opposite side of the car. This will extend the life of your tires.

Maybe so--but my OEM Bridgestones didn't wear unevenly. Costco told me that they see the inner edges of the Pilot Sports wearing early a lot.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried Napa Ultra Premium Rotors?

I'm considering just replacing rotor with new one.

I was going to work on breaks this Saturday.

Dealer parts are too expensive. I see some good rotors like Centric and Raybestos, but have to order on-line and will take about a week to get it.

Napa is only local place I can find rotor with some sort of rust protection.

It says "Onyx Guard Protectant Prevents Rust & Corrosion On The Rotor's Hat & Vanes" Don't know if that is just simple paint, or something equivalant to dealer part.

Any ideas?

I've used NAPA UP rotors on my Tahoe and late model Corvette with no issues. Good price and they hold up well even under a little spirited driving. Also switched over to ceramic pads for quiet and cleaner wheels. A very slight decrease in braking effectiveness, but not a problem for the street.

I have Continental ExtremeContact DWS's on all corners. One of the best tires I've ever driven. Very quiet, good traction wet and in snow and looks great. Only have 7K on them so can't tell you about wear yet. Not a high priority for me this time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have Continental ExtremeContact DWS's on all corners. One of the best tires I've ever driven. Very quiet, good traction wet and in snow and looks great. Only have 7K on them so can't tell you about wear yet. Not a high priority for me this time.

Do you happen to live in hills/mountains? I'm from PA and there are hills everywhere! It's time for me to replace my tires, and I've been putting it off b/c I can't seem to find an all season tire that performs well in the snow and/or ice. I'm wondering if I should just purchase snow tires for the moment, but that can be quite costly.

Do you happen to live in hills/mountains? I'm from PA and there are hills everywhere! It's time for me to replace my tires, and I've been putting it off b/c I can't seem to find an all season tire that performs well in the snow and/or ice. I'm wondering if I should just purchase snow tires for the moment, but that can be quite costly.

I do not. I have AWD and an average tire would do well anywhere on this car. I now have 15K on these tires. My report on traction, noise and comfort is the same. Still one of the best tires I've had on any vehicle.

You can't beat snow tires in the winter. While it can be costly, your other tires will last longer because you are putting 0 miles on them while your snows are on. It can certainly be a pain logistically.

As for snow traction with the all seasons, you should check out the surveys and ratings on Tire Rack. With low profile tires like on the IS, nothing's going to be ideal, but you should get a pretty good idea from the Tire Rack surveys as to what relative qualities each tire has.