Tire Could Not Be Balanced

byrne2rad

I bought this 2005 LS430 in December with 35,000 miles on it, and found that there was vibration in the steering wheel.

Took it to my dealer Nalley Lexus for balance and one of the Michelin Primacy 225/55R17 tires could not be balanced--they took tire off rim to R/O loose material inside it but found none. Rebalance not possible. But they found a new Dunlop 5000 on the spare in trunk and balanced easily placed in position R Rear and the Michelin is now in trunk as the spare. The car rides smooth and W/O noise now!

Has any one had a Michelin balance problem or am I dealing with a service group that cannot get it right?

!Removed!

Yeah were they new tires or did they come on the car?

It does happen, its rare with a Michelin but it does happen. Its also possible it was curbed at some point or someone hit a big pothole and put it out of round.

I wouldn't continue to run the Dunlop and Michelin on the same axle, that could lead to a traction or driving dynamic issue.

You might be able to have the Michelin tire road force balanced...

actually you can balance a square or a triangle, but you would not want to drive on one.... did they take the dunlop and put it on the wheel that is giving you trouble? or balance it on the rim it was on? my question is I think your wheel is probably out of round... not just the tire.