Needs Advise For 93 Ls 400

93ls400

I bought this car couple of months ago with 113000 miles. I have already replaced

(OEM) SP, Cords, Rotors, Dist Caps, Air Filter, fuel filter, PCV, two front O2 sensors, timing belt, water pump and serpentine belt. Just replaced all 4 tires with Michelen and also had 4 wheel alignment. Recently had Fuel injection service. After having all the above, I still get 20 MPG on HWY and 17-18 in city. Also car rides OK on smooth road but on slight bumpy road, it really reacts. There are no noises coming out. I checked the struts at the shop and they are OK. Needs advise and suggestion on both issues.

Here's the Diag for suspension & axle problems - 99 model LS - but still useful I believe.....

How does it "react" on the bumpy/gravel roads......

Worn lower ball joints are a classic sign of wheel shimmy....

BTW,,, what type of Michelins did you put on & do you like them...?

pst.pdf

I think, in order for you to get better fuel economy, you're going to need to either swap to an econo car, or change your driving style all together. I also believe to smoothen out driving over bumps, just drive slower on the bumps, that's the only option you have. There are only a few options you have when it comes to suspension, in the States.

I think, in order for you to get better fuel economy, you're going to need to either swap to an econo car, or change your driving style all together. I also believe to smoothen out driving over bumps, just drive slower on the bumps, that's the only option you have. There are only a few options you have when it comes to suspension, in the States.

UCF3,

Do you think the pdf could be "pinned " somehere in the maintenance section - since it has Lexus Diagnostics & troubleshooting.

These suspension / axle /vibration questions are constantly being ask, so maybe it will help start owners out in the right direction.....

I think, in order for you to get better fuel economy, you're going to need to either swap to an econo car, or change your driving style all together.  I also believe to smoothen out driving over bumps, just drive slower on the bumps, that's the only option you have.  There are only a few options you have when it comes to suspension, in the States.

UCF3,

Do you think the pdf could be "pinned " somehere in the maintenance section - since it has Lexus Diagnostics & troubleshooting.

These suspension / axle /vibration questions are constantly being ask, so maybe it will help start owners out in the right direction.....

Ok.