Auxiliary Power When Vehicle Is Turned Off?

New ES 350 Guy

Hey guys......I've tried to search on this topic, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I've noticed on my 08 ES 350 that when you turn off the iginition the radio/aux power shuts off. Is this standard or is it in my programming? Most vehicles that I have owned in the past kept the radio & auxiliary power on a bit or until I opened the door. Thanks for your help!

P.S. Getting my windows tinted on friday and will update my post on that issue.

Dean

The two Lexus Vehicles I have owned do not have 12v power when the ignition is off....I too would like to have that capability....hmmm maybe I will do it myself....

Not the way Toyota/Lexus vehicles are designed. Its all what you're used to, the Jeep does that and we shut it off because after driving Toyotas for so long it seemed weird...

• 2 weeks later...

When the engine if off, radio/aux power can be turned on by simply pushing the start button WITHOUT stepping on the brake pedal.

Personally, I like this set-up MUCH better than leaving the power on until the door is opened, but that's just my preference.