Xbox Driving Fun

VBdenny

I bought Colin McRae World Rally Cup racing game for my XboX last weekend. The awesomest driving game I have played. If you like WRC, this is something that you will really enjoy. Just make sure you have a Mad Katz racing wheel. Very realistic handling and detail. I have two bucket seats and built a platform to mount them to. When I get done, I'll post pictures.

I finished up my driving simulator this weekend. I mounted two bucket seats (complete with tracks and adjustments) from a 1966 Olds 442 on a 4'x4' platform. Then I built a jig to mount the pedals to the floor, and added a dashboard to which I mounted my Mad Catz2 force feedback steering wheel. I placed a 27" TV in front, with 2 huge speakers. A plasma TV would be nice but rather pricy.

Totally awesome, very realistic. I'll post pictures in the gallery tonight.

Thanks Tan,

I posted the picture. Find it on pg 18 of the Avatars / Signatures / Miscelleneous

Gallery pictures pg 2. It is an absolute blast. I set it up in my sports and recreation room. Thanks to the simulator, I now use it. A fairly steady stream of neighbors and friends coming by. I'm sure it will be very popular before NASCAR races, since I have most of the tracks on my NASCAR Heat. Still, my favorite is WRC, the awesomest form of racing in my opinion.

Denny

PS also check out my truck.

Look in the Gallery. There is more than one page of menus so if you scroll to the bottom, there is additional pages, select pg 2. Look under the misc. signature, avatar page. It's the last post

Nice setup Denny!

Hey, in your garage.....is that your RED CAPRICE in there?????????

How many cars do you have?

I also like the cabinets on the wall next to truck...I'm working on getting some - got buddies in the cabinet business that do remodel, so when they find some to tear out...they'll be mine :lol:

Hey thanks for putting the picture on there Blake. Wish I could figure out how to do that.

Agent 99, I have 5 cars. My Caprice is white, the red car in the picture by my truck is my 66 Cutlass. I am actually trimming out my whole garage. I have the simulator in the room over the garage. The cabinets are history, they are being upgraded to new white cabinets. I need some space for my huge new toolbox.

Hey thanks for putting the picture on there Blake. Wish I could figure out how to do that.

Agent 99, I have 5 cars. My Caprice is white, the red car in the picture by my truck is my 66 Cutlass. I am actually trimming out my whole garage. I have the simulator in the room over the garage. The cabinets are history, they are being upgraded to new white cabinets. I need some space for my huge new toolbox.

Nice setup in progress...

Hey, we should post pictures of our garages too!!!

Denny,

To see what Blake did, click on the "quote" button in the upper right (like we all do when directing a specific answer/question).

Then look at the "original post to quote" section of your reply....you'll see the

......... stuff....

You click on the "IMG" code button. put in the location(paste), and click the "IMG" button again. YOur good to go!!

Same thing applied to SWO's detailed shots of the ES in detailing section...that's how I figured it out and showed my "detailing" shots of my LS.

Not a problem at Denny just follow the Agent's instructions if you want to do it again.

Yall wouldn't want to see my garage because my parents have a few nuts and bolts lose upstairs :lol:, so they decided to paint the garage canary yellow and bright yellow. :o Yikes...I walk into the garage to wake up in the morning...lol!

:cheers:

Not a problem at Denny just follow the Agent's instructions if you want to do it again.

Yall wouldn't want to see my garage because my parents have a few nuts and bolts lose upstairs :lol:, so they decided to paint the garage canary yellow and bright yellow. :o Yikes...I walk into the garage to wake up in the morning...lol!

Blake,

Sounds like a cheerful place to store and work on the LS :lol:

Denny,

Thanks for posting all your "toys" in your bottom signature: Nice Collection :D

Sounds like a cheerful place to store and work on the LS :lol:

I wish...my mom has first dibs on the garage because she drives a convertible :( , and the other side is packed with junk. And to top it all off, her car's engine is blown so I can't even move it out if I want to pull my Lex in for service(our slanted driveway doesn't help much either!), detailing, etc. I want to throw all of that crap away in the second bay, so I can move my car inside out of the elements. :D

I don't know how to type...our garage is bright yellow with red accents. Just not my taste, my room is beige(used to match my car!) :D . Thank goodness none of the rooms in our house are yellow!!!

My garage is important to me because I spend a lot of time in there. Usually waxing or cleaning an engine or something. I like having lots of vehicles, but it does take quite a bit of time maintaining them all.

As soon as I get all the details worked out on this driving simulator, I will post plans on how to build one. The tools you would need would be a circular saw, screw gun, and a band saw. I built the entire thing out of materials I had on hand. I had the seats already, but they are cheap at junkyards. I used two seats so I could take people for rides which scares the :censored: out of them.

By the way, I ALWAYS have two cars in the garage because if you leave one out, the space quickly fills with junk. I like the idea of posting pictures of our garages, maybe we could have a Garage Gallery?

Thanks for all the cool stuff you all said and if you have any suggestions for the simulator, let me know.

denny

I like the idea of posting pictures of our garages, maybe we could have a Garage Gallery?

I'll go first...just a quick shot that accidently got the garage in it. One side has a dead Mustang convertible and the other side is packed with junk-atvs, motorcycles, wood flooring, tools, you name it-it's probably somewhere in there! I'll get a better pic tomorrow so that you guys can really see the yellow walls. Denny, Roy(aka "Agent 99" for Denny!! lol), and 93(I think I got everyone in this post) I want to see your garages too! Denny it'd be cool to see all of those cars too!

DSC00325.sized.jpg

I'll start a new thread where we can show and tell about our garages. Mine in in progress, I've been out there every night for the past few weeks.

Check out the new thread.