New To The Gs 300

Hello everyone,

I am very new to any Lexus car. A few days ago I bought my 1st Lexus. Its a 1993 GS 300. I was hoping that I could get a few leads as to where I could find good performance upgrades for it. I have already found the body kit Im getting and the rims/tires im getting. My goal is to mod out the motor, fuel, air, exauhst and suspension to the max get as much grip and power as possible. While maintaining a luxury look. I dont want to change the interior very much mainly make it look new. The only change im looking to find for the interior is a aftermarket stereo mounting and wiring. I can't seem to find it and it doesn't appear the exist as far as Auto Sounds Plus is concerned. They want to do a fiberglass job on it. Please let me know of any suggestions any of you may have.

:cheers:

Hello everyone,

I am very new to any Lexus car. A few days ago I bought my 1st Lexus. Its a 1993 GS 300. I was hoping that I could get a few leads as to where I could find good performance upgrades for it. I have already found the body kit Im getting and the rims/tires im getting. My goal is to mod out the motor, fuel, air, exauhst and suspension to the max get as much grip and power as possible. While maintaining a luxury look. I dont want to change the interior very much mainly make it look new. The only change im looking to find for the interior is a aftermarket stereo mounting and wiring. I can't seem to find it and it doesn't appear the exist as far as Auto Sounds Plus is concerned. They want to do a fiberglass job on it. Please let me know of any suggestions any of you may have.

:cheers:

congrats on your purchase bro. i own a first gen gs300. these are my following mods.

1. jdm admiration body kit - sold in the u.s. as titan aero kit except that my front bumper only fits the jdm foglights... (more show points at the car shows)

2. aristo front grill

3. aristo tail lights

4. aristo emblems

5. aristo cam cover

6. aristo cruise control lever with kenji characters instead of english

7. aristo airbag

8. aristo fog lamps

9. jdm VIP wing

10. 19X9.5 all the way around wrapped in faulkens

11. in dash dvd panasonic player with custom face plate.

now as for your questions... the wiring for the stereo exists in the trunk. you'll find the main harness' underneath the cd changer to the right hand side. there is a false bottom and when you take off the lining, you'll see the stock amp. in front of the stock amp are the main harness' to all your speakers including stereo. as for the custom face plate, i paid a pretty penny. mine is actually made out of partical board with matching paint for the interior colors. i do have hookups in japan if you are interested in aristo parts. as for your engine mods... go for the fmax turbo kit. very reliable per my friend in florida which actually owns his own shop and jdm car lot. his turbo gs300 was used in the fast and the furious 2... garage seen. but anyways those are my two cents. let me know what's up

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I think that the information is going to be very helpful. On 19"s is there a need to lower it a 1" to 1.2" on the suspension? Also if you could send me a few links as far as where to order the parts.. I dont have much internet time as to my making me travel at least 2 to 3 weeks outta the month. For the stereo portion im just going to let Auto Sounds Plus do it and replace the stock amp with a Memphis amp and sub with infinity mids and highs in side the car and use the spot in the rear dash where the 12" was to port the subs in the trunk into the cabin.. I think that may turn out nice.. the quoted me a price of about 2k to put in the custom deck, fiberglass box with 2 15's and 1 12" subs with a memphis amp.. oh and all memphis subs.. Also on the turbo kit, how many psi does he have or can the 2JZ inline six handle w/o serious internal mods .. im guessing about a 11 to 13 psi but would like to go upto 18 if it could take it. I would like to purchase a lot or motor dressup items .. valve cover, just everything possible.. ive found and injen cold air intake ... let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions ..