Remove Front Bumper

I need to remove the front bumper of my 2007 GX460 to remove a dent. Should I be concerned about the air bag sensor? Does anyone have a drawing of all the screws I need to replace or an explanation on how to accomplish this?

I doubt if you will find a more detailed diagram than one from the Sewell Lexus website: http://lexus.sewellp...000/520936C.jpg

This one shows the location of the two air bag sensors at the front: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/images/oem/1400x1000/845172E.jpg

It never hurts to disconnect the battery - better safe than sorry.

My understanding is that the airbag sensors are accelerometers that trigger the airbags when the vehicle speed drops dramatically, and that bumper impact is not required (as were earlier airbag systems). If this is the case, you shouldn't find any direct linkages between the bumper and the airbags.

• 2 years later...

It's very simple to remove the front bumper and airbag sensors are not connected to it. Just remove all the fasteners around the perimeter of the bumper and it will slide right off. Put a blanket on the ground under the bumper - to set the bumper on and protect it from scratches once you get it off.

To get little dents out, use a heat gun (cautiously and carefully) on the inside of the bumper. Then, with leather gloves on, carefully work the plastic with your fingers and palm while the plastic is hot and soft.