An Alternative To Burning Cds:

The Soundfly SD WMA/MP3 Player Car Fm Transmitter for SD Card, USB Stick, Mp3 Players (iPod, Zune)

This inexpensive ($34.95) device makes playing music soooo easy and is a great alternative to spending $500 to have your factory stereo/CD/cassette player repaired after it displays an error message/refuses to spit out your CDs.

I picked up this transmitter on Amazon.com and immediately loaded hundreds of songs on an inexpensive 4 GB SD card.

You simply tune your Lexus FM stereo to an unused number and then use the handy Soundfly remote control to match that FM frequency on its digital display.

The Soundfly always remembers the FM frequency, so you normally would set the frequency, once and forget about it. Of course, you can add or subtract songs, anytime by popping out the SD card or USB jump drive and using your PC.

The shifter does come very close to the unit when you shift the transmission into Park but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.co...31513634&sr=8-4

Update: I added a dual receptacle unit to shift the Soundfly to the right to provide more shifter clearance.

post-6874-0-21586700-1331517590_thumb.jp

post-6874-0-24232300-1332136359_thumb.jp

I'll check, tonight but I didn't even think about that one - thanks!

...checked and found the other receptacle. It would be perfect if you used only the remote control and did not need to look at the display.

what is the difference between the soundfly sd and the soundfly aux, that costs a little more, can both be used in our 400h's? and is the sound quality better on the more expensive one? thanks dave

Katz,

The difference is that the AUX (with larger LCD display) directly displays the title and artist, whereas the SD does not. However, the SD somehow gets the Lexus radio display to show that information.

Dave

• 1 month later...

The sound is very good (to me) through the Mark Levinson system, although I'd have to say that a store-bought CD produces a richer tone. Keep in mind that my hearing isn't that great after my having been subjected to too many concerts during my younger days. But I think my comparison holds true (in general) for MP3 vs CD sound quallity. However, throw in the external noise encountered while driving and I think most of us wouldn't complain too much.

Got the AUX model. It arrived today. Works and sounds good. No more cd and this is a great deal! Thanks for the post, Dave!