Window Tint / Tire Pressure Sensors

Hello everybody! I'm new to the forum and love my ES 350! I am looking to get my windows tinted in my 08 ES350. The shop quoted me 3 different prices....$150, $180, & $250. He explained that the $250 won't effect the tire pressure sensors. I would like to just get the standard tint, but am afraid i'll have a problem with my sensors. Has anybody ever experienced this? Please Help!!!

Thank you,

Dean

I don't understand how window tinting can effect tire pressure sensors. Ask the shop to explain, I would love to hear what they have to say.

P. S. Welcome to the club

I don't understand how window tinting can effect tire pressure sensors. Ask the shop to explain, I would love to hear what they have to say.

P. S. Welcome to the club

Same here. My wiindows are tinted and no problem with the TPMS.

I had an AM radio interference problem on our other car with the same tint as the Lexus, but no problem with the Lexus.

I MAY know what the tint shop is trying to say. This is the explanation that the tint shop gave me for other items like GPS and radio. Some tints have a metallic in them which is what supposedly helps block out most of the sunlight. Cars that require signals to be transmitted in and out (like GPS, Radio, etc. I suppose TPMS will be the same concept too) should use the more expensive film which is made out of just carbon material. Ask the tint shop if the more expensive one is just a carbon film and if the cheaper one has metallic in it. This is the only explanation I can think of in regards to the relationship between tint and TPMS.

My $0.02

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my windows tinted & they look awesome! I chose the more expensive legal tint (30%). Not to dark.....Not to light....just Perfect! This more expensive tint is the Pinnacle Series by "FormulaOne". It is designed specifically to work without interfering with the advanced electronic systems in today's vehicles. It is "Non- Metallized" Non-Conductive Ceramic based film that is free of "conductive metals". The other less expensive tint "Llumar" contains the conductive metals. I didn't want to take a chance, so I went with the "FormulaOne". Both of these tints are American Made by a company "CP Films". The Pinnacle Series offers a Lifetime Warranty, Scratch-Resistant Surface, Maximum Ultraviolet Protection, Lifetime Warranty Against Color Change, and Maximum Heat Rejection. I hope this helps!

I'd love to see pictures! From inside and out...

I've always wanted to tint my windows but for some reason I've never gone through with it.

I recently had the windows in the Lexus tinted (first time I've done it) and have been happy with the results. It looks very good IMO and it does a good job with glare and some privacy. 35% is legal here in Illinois, but I went with 40% for a couple of reasons (I'm a consevative guy). I was so pleased that I had our other car done too.

New ES350 Guy, the tint looks good. I have a Starfire Pearl with 40% tint and even though it's 10% lighter than yours it looks just about the same. Very little difference. I really like the tint on the white car.