Rx 350 Vsc/trac

My wife came home and these are lit on the dash. I turned off ignition light still is on. I have the off button under dash and a "SET" button next to it. How do I reset again so these are not displayed any more. It does show VSC off on light indicator. I pushed the button for 3 seconds do I have to push the "SET"button @ same time. Thanks

I drove it for a short distance after I reset and pushed the buttons and they stayed on during the trip where we went in a store. Stayed on the whole time I drove home. I went inside the house with the manual and went back out and started the 350 and lights were off. Don't know if it takes awhile for it to reset or what? No lights on.

If you reset things and then redrove the vehicle and everything is still working normally, then it's ok. We've had the experience of resetting the system, restarting, and everything looks ok, but then, upon driving, the lights come back up indicating a failure. If that happened, we have usually found that is indicative of a wheel speed sensor malfunction (ABS Sensor). You may have one that is intermittent, but so far, so good.

My wife's car has this issue lights. On another post, someone said it was likely that the gas cap wasn't on right. (those two lights are on because they are disabled when there is an issue)

They suggested I go to a parts store and ask them to read the codes. It seems about half will.

The reading said '#2 cyl missing', and the parts guy suggested it was a plug, wire of coil pack ($88). It does have an intermittent miss.

I have yet to fix it, but will, soon. See what your reading says.

To Jondoe:

The issue I was referring to the original gentleman about concerned his traction control and speed control warning lights (VSC & TRAC) coming on when the systems have not been manually actuated to the off position. The only instance there will be a P0302 in the system is if the "Service Engine Soon" light is on - an altogether different light, and certainly a different issue. The 'parts guy' was heading in the right direction, but it's always best to consult an actual technician, or at least someone that's not just trying to sell you parts in an effort to increase his personal numbers (I guess some techs could be that way, too, though). Anyway, other causes could be a plugging or electrically failing fuel injector, a vac leak at the manifold gasket, a valve issue, etc. There are ways to narrow down the possibilities through various tests. Best of luck to you, sir.

If you have a VSC fault indication but no CEL then the fault is isolated to the VSC functionality.

There are only 2 sensors unique to VSC, the yaw sensor and the steering wheel rotational position sensor.

I have seen some indication that should you move the steering wheel to a significant extent with ignition off the VSC fault will indicate until the system recalibrates itsself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...