Been A Long Couple Of Weeks...

LEXIRX330

Well I haven't had much time for anything lately but just wanted to share with my LOC family what my past couple of weeks have been like.

My parents left for a trip out of the country and I was going to check in on my grandparents while they were out of town and email my parents updates. Well my grandfather hasn't been well but nothing like what happened was expected. The day my parents left he had to be confined to a bed, stopped eating drinking and the next day was my grandparents 59th anniversary. He bounced back for a couple of days but he ended up passing the day before my parents made it back. I was able to leave my office quite a bit to help my grandmother out but I tell you guys I think this is one of the hardest things in my life. I grew up extremely close with my grandparents and I know he is in a much better place...I am sad to loose him but not sad for him. He had a great life. I am sad for my grandmother who has lost her best friend and partner...they married when she was 15...they did everything together. I just can't imagine the pain she is in. We layed him to rest yesterday and it was just a hard day.

Sorry not trying to bring everyone down but just wanted to share my past couple of weeks.

So sorry to hear about your loss! Really tough. I never knew either of my Grandfathers but I lost one of my Grandmothers about 13 years Go and my father last year, it's hard and unfortunately it gets harder before it gets better.

It's a wonderful thing that you've had your grandparents and parents in your life as long as you have...we'll be thinking about you guys.

Thanks fellas. And yes SW I have been extremely blessed with not only great parents but great grandparents. We all lived close to each other so we saw each other all of the time. Both of my grandfathers are gone now but I know that both of them have helped shape me into the man that I am. I can only hope to do the same for my children and one day their children.

Smooth-

Thanks...parents are doing OK. I know my mom is just upset that she wasn't there at the end to be with her dad and also for her mom. But to be honest it was for the best that she didn't see her dad his final week.

Lexi - my condolences as well my friend! Seems like a dark cloud is looming these days for many of us around here. Let's hope the sun starts shining again real soon! My best to your parents, and your family as they face this tough situation.

My sincere condolences as well - I know exactly what you're going through. I lost my last remaining grandparent in 1996 (my maternal grandfather, also), and I was always very close to him and took every opportunity to visit him whenever I was in my hometown. Eventually you'll find yourself thinking mostly about the good times with him, but it will be awhile before you get to that stage. Hang in there and support your mom however you can....

God Bless you, sorry for your loss, You are very lucky to have that relationship, I didnt meet my Grandfather until I was in my late thirties....He was a wonderful man, shame my Dad decided family was not important and excluded them out of our life. I now have 9 Grandbabies and cherish every moment with them...My children will never have to experience what I did...Family is first along with your God....The rest will follow in line.