Question Regarding Remote Start

rob_es350

hi all, been a while since I have been here..hope all is way with everyone....

got a remote start duruing my last regular service

had to get one with a different remote than the car remote cause needed extra range, this one is supposed to work to 1000'..forgot the brand right now

remote works fine, and it even does work with the original car remote by pressing the lock button 3 times..I actually found that out by accident, lol, dont know if they even know that it works with the car remote cause they said I have to use the new one

anyway, here is my problem

there is NO WAY to enter the car without the engine turning off..have to get in and restart the car, ridiculous

I call them up, and they say that there is no way to override that "feature", lol

anyway, figure the crowd here knows more, so is that true???, or can it somehow be reprogrammed to keep the car from turning off when openning the driver door

thanks guys

rob

I also have an aftermarket remote start. It locks the doors when it starts the engine and have to stop the engine before I can get in the car.

I’ve given up on using it.

o, I still use it all the time..figure having a warm car to get into is more important than having to restart the car when I get in..but hear ya, way frustrating

Your problem is absolutely dumb. The installers must have gone to the same school, and learned the same things about Lexus. Nothing.

Rob I can't tell what year your ES350 is but it shouldn't make any difference. The problem is, as you've already know, if linking the Lexus security processor with the remote start processor. when you press the remote start button, depending on the brand of remote start system and it's sophitication, the car will lock and start. When you approach the car, your should use the remote start to unlock the door, enter and in the case of my 2010 ES350, press the Start button twice. At this point, your ready to put the car in gear and take off.

In my previous 2005, ES330 the remote start worked the same, but since it didn't have the "push-to-start" feature, you didn't have to push any start button. You simply unlocked the door and got in and drove away.

The two brands I have used are "Viper" and "Python"

The Lexus security system is very sophisticated and can't just be "worked around" If it was your dealer who installed these, go back.

Your problem is absolutely dumb. The installers must have gone to the same school, and learned the same things about Lexus. Nothing.

Rob I can't tell what year your ES350 is but it shouldn't make any difference. The problem is, as you've already know, if linking the Lexus security processor with the remote start processor. when you press the remote start button, depending on the brand of remote start system and it's sophitication, the car will lock and start. When you approach the car, your should use the remote start to unlock the door, enter and in the case of my 2010 ES350, press the Start button twice. At this point, your ready to put the car in gear and take off.

In my previous 2005, ES330 the remote start worked the same, but since it didn't have the "push-to-start" feature, you didn't have to push any start button. You simply unlocked the door and got in and drove away.

The two brands I have used are "Viper" and "Python"

The Lexus security system is very sophisticated and can't just be "worked around" If it was your dealer who installed these, go back.

I can't go back to the dealer, I spoke with the service manager who spoke with the tech, and he called me to telll me there was no way to override the car shutting off regardless of how the doors are unlocked.

Interestingly, if I unlock the doors by touching the rear door, where they all unlock, the cars stays ON, but as soon as I touch the driver door, it shuts OFF.

He said the system can be overridden in the IS, but not the ES, wtf.

My es is a 2011, but like you siad, unlikely that there i s a difference..Gussed I am f'd, unless you or anyone else here has some thoughts.

Thanks!!

I have mine set so that when the remote start is activated, the doors "unlock". After the ignition sequence begins, I lock the doors with the remote start lock button. When I go out to the car I unlock it with the remote start fob again and get in. This is when I push the "start" button twice and the car is ready to take off. It is really no different that the regular start sequence, your just using the remote start fob.

Paul

I have mine set so that when the remote start is activated, the doors "unlock". After the ignition sequence begins, I lock the doors with the remote start lock button. When I go out to the car I unlock it with the remote start fob again and get in. This is when I push the "start" button twice and the car is ready to take off. It is really no different that the regular start sequence, your just using the remote start fob.

Paul

you lost me a bit there bro, are you starting your car then twice also???

Paul

No.....but I didn't explain it very well. If you follow the steps up till we unlock the door, we have already started the car remotely, Now, when we get in the car , if we were to put our foot on the brake pedal, for example, the car would die....because the security system thinks your trying to begin to maybe put it in gear and take off with out authorization. This is were I push the "Start" button twice, while the engine is still running, to tell the security system that I'm a good guy and it's OK to let take off with the car.

If that dosen't make sinse, let me know and I'll do some re-wording.

I should have said this earlier along with my comment about Lexus security being complex. Almost all of these high end cars have extremley complex data systems compared to ten years ago. There is no aftermarket remote start to my knowledge that is perfect and even the OEM starter is imperfect because of the poor range limit. (my starter has a 2000ft, range) But with your situation and the other member, it sounds like the installers just gave up.

Paul

No.....but I didn't explain it very well. If you follow the steps up till we unlock the door, we have already started the car remotely, Now, when we get in the car , if we were to put our foot on the brake pedal, for example, the car would die....because the security system thinks your trying to begin to maybe put it in gear and take off with out authorization. This is were I push the "Start" button twice, while the engine is still running, to tell the security system that I'm a good guy and it's OK to let take off with the car.

If that dosen't make sinse, let me know and I'll do some re-wording.

I should have said this earlier along with my comment about Lexus security being complex. Almost all of these high end cars have extremley complex data systems compared to ten years ago. There is no aftermarket remote start to my knowledge that is perfect and even the OEM starter is imperfect because of the poor range limit. (my starter has a 2000ft, range) But with your situation and the other member, it sounds like the installers just gave up.

got it, thanks for the clarification

prob is that I can not even get into the car without it turning off, and yeah, at least my dealer thinks the issue cannot be resolved