Replacing 1991 400

hkc

I am thinking of replacing my 1991 LS400. What year has the best record?

My airconditioning is not working and I don't want to spend alot of money on this car. It has 126000 miles and am worried this is the beginning of problems.

I have heard many say that the 1990, 1991 and 1992s are the best, as well as the 1993-1994s. I seem to see a lot less topics about electrical problems (guages and lights) on the 90-92s, than I do on the 93-up. I have no idea however. My 1990 (1st year) seems to be a excellent, high quality car- aside from my vibration at speeds above 35 mph, but I guess it could be my tires or alignment. TYpically, many "first year" car designs have flaws, but with the LS400- this does not seem to be the case. The 1990 seems to be as reliable and trouble-free as any other year.

At 126K, your car is considered to have very low miles, if the car has been maintained and not abused. My car has nearly 228K and I have seen several nearing the 300K mark and heard of a few at 400K to as high as 700K. :blink:

I car alos vibrates throw the speed of 5mph-25mph real bad, kind of wobbles. At speed of 65-80mph the steering wheel goes free like it is dead and the cars vibrates real bad. Just had aligmnent and tires rotated. Guess I need new tires!