Misfire

Took my car in this morning when the check engine light turned on. Was told it was a misfire, and the dealer wanted more time with the car to drive and test it out. I've complained about the general shuttering I get once in a while at a stop light, where the car feels like it's about to die but doesn't. Yesterday afternoon, I went to move my car into the garage. It was cold from sitting all day. It shuttered a bit, revved at 1,500 rpm. I just drove it in and parked it. This morning, did the same thing, only this time the check engine light came on.

Just got a phone call from the dealer. They say it's a carbon buildup and they are going to replace the pistons under warranty! I've had three IS250s. Each one had this shutter issue. I'm glad that I had the dealer put into my file the complaints I've had about the shuttering issue, despite their not being able to find any problem. I have 69,000 miles on my car, and I believe this issue was covered under warranty because of that.

Regardless, I am happy at this point that Lexus is taking care of the issue!!!!!!

So how many days will the car be in the shop? Did you get a good loaner car?

(btw-My IS350 was in the shop this morning for Check VSC warning, it was caused by brake light switch).

Dealer has called me to tell me the car will be done today, I can pick it up after I get off work. So that was Friday through today they kept it, but also had to order the parts. I got another IS250 as a loaner, but it has XM and mine doesn't, lol!