Oh No - A Wooden Board Hit My Lexus!

Yesterday;

I was checking things out under the hood in my garage - admiring the mighty V8. It was very windy and a gust blew a 1x6 rough cedar board that was leaning against the wall over onto the LS. It hit right about the Fuel Lid, then slid backwards along the rear quarterpanel as it fell over. The 1x6 is only about 5 feet long, and is very light.

I only see "dull" marks on the finish as it traveled along the panel. No deep scratches, thankfully - and looks like I could just wash the area and then rewax with the collinite. ( I put two coats on her over New Years) :D

Just wanted to get some expert opinions on the best treatment - thanks! It really does look minor and easily fixable. My LS is Mystic Gold........

looks like its finally time to get our portalcable orbital polisher. ha ha.

try some meguires scratch X, its not that powerful but i used it last weekend on some light scratches before i waxed her and it works great, it just doesnt' work on any type of deep scratch at all

Meguiars is sending me some free microfiber bonnets for me to try buffing the wax off, but I just do it by hand and use the buffer to apply.

The scratch X should work ;)

I've a couple of kind of somilar things happen. One was a rake, and the other a bicycle handle. Both left marks. Lucily for me, I had recently done the whole car with Collinite #845. Although I was concerned, the marks almost wiped off. Never know they were there. That Collinite sure is some slippery stuff.

Denny