2004 Lex Es330. Vsc/trac Off/ Engine Light Came On.

Today while i was driving, all of sudden the check engine light came on and seconds later TRAC OFF and VSC light came on. What could be the issue? Please help. Can i still drive to work or is it something that i should take it to shop? Ur help will be greatly appreciated. I have 103000miles.

Take it to autozone or any other parts store in the morning. Get the codes read. Report back with the info that you get. DO NOT start buying parts until you have done alot of research on the code thrown and your car. Alot of these codes state something is wrong, yet another part is causing it. Take for instance a multiple misfire on bank 1...possible causes are mostly coil packs or ignition related parts. Infact its more times then not a Oil control valve, something their handheld scanner and troubleshooting book doesnt say.

Can you drive it....yup. CEL's are just a warning that something isnt right. If the car physically runs and drives, you can drive it. Mine has been drivin daily for a year with CEL and trac off lights on, they just get old to look at after awhile.

I think even the gas cap being loose can cause CEL and Trac off lights to come on.

bottom line....Get the codes read.

i have made sure gas cap was tight and disconnect the battery and start again. Now the lights has gone but now my car idles at 100RPM( too low) at park. I have put it on N, R or D. the idle RPM doesnt change. Car act like its ready to die. I had car running for 10 min just to see if car will die but it never died but still at 100RPM. Usually my car idles at 700RPM. Kind of freakin me out. Did my act caused more issues? help please. I might have been stupid to disconnect the battery. I am lost here.

Sounds idle air control related.

Your act did nothing, it wouldve idled that way regardless. If the IAC is stuck or not fully opening/closing I think it can cause that. 2004 es330 might have a different cause/effect then my 1999 es300 though. You may go start it next time and it will idle fine.

You need to get the codes read. Normally you can then search and find 100 other people who had the issue. Right now its just a guessing game.

Maybe 2004 es330's just do that at 103000 miles though ;)

I started this morning and drove for couple miles and the RPM still at around 100-200. Still really low. I have let the car run for 5min just to make sure if it dies and car didnt die but it sounds little different then before when those Light didnt came on.I have to go to work tom, is it ok to drive. I have to drive on Highway and I just want to make sure the car doesnt die on Hwy. I am thinking about heading to Autozone to get the code after work tomorrow. How much auto zone charge to diagnose?

Mine idles a little rough too, i drive it everyday. heres my routine.

whenever you hit a light, and the car is warmed up it may want to idle low. I throw it in neutral when this happens. It also helps to not brake hard for a light. If i have to do this i throw it in nuetral.

If your on the highway and not in stop and go your fine. it will drive like it always does.

If you hit a light and it gets crazy, put it in nuetral.

Thank you so much 94TA for ur help. U know i just want this car to last one more year after that i am thinking about trading in or get another car. So is it worth spending all the money on fixing this. would this problem fail emission test. I dont have those light on my dashboard anymore. How much $$ am i thinking about spending to fix this issue?