Lx 470 Wheel Upgrade/ Please Help!

dtroofing

I know this has been discussed a gazillion times.... so please just point me in a direction

My wife has a 2001 LX 470.

the wheels look bad and i want to upgrade to a larger chrome wheel and tire. all the local shops give me the deer in the headlights look when i ask them advice.

how will this affect the vehicle? I'm thinking of going to 18" wheel. Nothing too pimpish.

I have 16" OEM now

I'm very new to this forum....

dt

Why not consider having your existing wheels chromed? You can probably get this done for about $200/wheel in a couple days. Oversize custom wheels will cost at least twice this, and you'll need new tires too -- probably a $2,000 adventure. Before spending this much $$$, drive somebody's LX that has oversize wheels, and see if you like the change in the ride and handling that comes with shorter sidewall tires.

• 4 weeks later...

I have factory 18' on my LX. The ride is good. If you go larger, I recommend finding some oem chrome 18' rims. I believe you go any larger, you take away the ride quality.

riding quality is almost the same with my 22"

coz the hydraulic suspension still good

• 2 months later...