2006 Gs300 Revs Up To 4500 Rpm Before Shifting Gears At Freeway Speeds

I was on the freeway yesterday and my 2006 Lexus GS 300 RWD (all stock) would only kick into 4th gear on the freeway after reving to about 4500 RPM (minimum).

It also kept going past the redline if I really punched it.

After approx. 5-7 minutes everything went back to normal-No lights came on or anything like that.

Any idea what this might be?

I've never had any problems (minus TPMS Sensors) with my GS300 and this was all surprising.

Does the "SD" in your member name mean "South Dakota"? Where are you located. What was the ambient temperature when this happened? Was the engine/transmission at normal operating temperature and had it been functioning properly immediately before this issue occurred?

When you are having a problem like this, punching past the redline is not advisable.

The temperature was fine and so was the tranismission temperature.

San Diego CA and it was about 68 degrees wih some overcast.

I did turn my air completely off for the first time in probably 8 weeks-My vehicle occured the problem shortly after I turned the air off-A/C was NOT on but I haven't turned the vents off since long before Thanksgiving.

I did not go over redline on purpose-I'm just saying this is what happened..it would go past the redline.

SD stands for San Diego!

• 4 weeks later...