Nakamichi Amp Sc400

Hey Guys,

All sound went out complete again on the amp, head unit and CD Changer still working.

Anyone know anything about the amp's guts? is there a reasonable cause for all output to stop?

I got water in the fender well after some body man failed to connect the drain hose from the gas filler cap opening,

and shorted it out, I removed it immediatly and dried up all connectors and the amp, plugged it back together and YES! the beautiful Nak sound was back.

The other morning (-15 degrees) Started her up and no sound. !Removed!. checked for water in the trunk, nothing totally dry, removed it, dried up the amp again, plugged it together and nothing.

Any possible fix solutions would be greatly appreciated, maybe an internal fuse or reset parameters?

If not I am going to take her apart, anyone have the amp's boards, connectors, diagram. or where to source it?

Any help is greatly appreciated, or reasonably priced replacement.

Regards,

Will

Hey Guys,

All sound went out complete again on the amp, head unit and CD Changer still working.

Anyone know anything about the amp's guts? is there a reasonable cause for all output to stop?

I got water in the fender well after some body man failed to connect the drain hose from the gas filler cap opening,

and shorted it out, I removed it immediatly and dried up all connectors and the amp, plugged it back together and YES! the beautiful Nak sound was back.

The other morning (-15 degrees) Started her up and no sound. !Removed!. checked for water in the trunk, nothing totally dry, removed it, dried up the amp again, plugged it together and nothing.

Any possible fix solutions would be greatly appreciated, maybe an internal fuse or reset parameters?

If not I am going to take her apart, anyone have the amp's boards, connectors, diagram. or where to source it?

Any help is greatly appreciated, or reasonably priced replacement.

Regards,

Will

Hi Will,

A suggestion I would have is to go to UnitedRadio.com in Syracuse, NY and see if they can do the repairs you need. They come recomended to me by my Lexus dealer and do warranty work for Mark Levinson systems.

Paul