Is 300 Tire Problems

wturino

I am constantly having problems with getting bubbles on my IS 300 low profile tires. Have to constantly pruchase new ones. Lexus claims that in order for this to happen, I must have had a significant impact on the tire. I believe I have purchased 8 new tires in all because of this. I don't believe that this is right. I believe that the rims and or tires are defective. They shouldn't sell these if they are constantly going to need to be replaced. Has anyone else experienced this? Just an fyi, when I go to the Lexus dealer, there isn't a Lexus IS 300 that is in the service area that doesn't have this problem!

i had a similar problem but only after running up on or checking a curb and now i have a problem with the front left (driver side) tire losing air or pressure every two days(upto 10psi lost). but i think the bead isn't set right or maybe the valve stem isn't set right.

Sidewall bubbles are most often due to defective tires. If an inner ply breaks or separtes due to lost adhesion, air has gotten between the inner and outer plies and raises a bubble. On can often pierce the bubble and the tire still holds air. I believe that's a sure sign of a tire defect. I'd change suppliers and tire brand in this case. But, whoever you got the bad tires from should make it good.

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem.

I live in the Northeast, and it's impossible to avoid the potholes at all times of the year. I just had to replace two snowtires due to bubbles in the sidewalls prior to this winter, and Sullivan Tire stopped offering road hazard protection. By the end of the winter, my front driver side tire developed a bubble. I swapped to my summer tires last month, and my front driver side tire just developed a bubble yesterday.

I'm using Dunlop FM901s for the summer, and Michelin Pilot Alpins in the winter.

I've probably gone through 20 tires in the 3 years I've owned my car. Most of these were covered by road hazard, thankfully.

Should I just trade in the 17" inch rims and go for a higher-profile tire on 16" rims? Or can I just go for a thicker tire on the 17"s? The Lexus dealer here couldn't tell me if I could fit a bigger tire on the 17s or not because of the wheel well clearance.

Anybody have any solutions?