Not Enough Bass! Rx330 Ml

dlowenth

I was also disappointed with the bass initially. Have you tried the manual Bass Control using the right audio control knob? If not, press the right knob until "BASS" is displayed then adjust as necessary. I have it set at 5 which I think is the highest setting. I also adjusted the FRONT/REAR Fader more to my liking, too much sound was coming from the front.

I have a pic of where all of the speakers are and what type. Found it on the Mark Levinson website. There is not a true subwoofer in the ML System, though with the Bass at the max setting and the other adjustments, the systems sounds pretty sweet!

Cole

I added a basslink sub in the rear. I use a plug arrangement and can remove it when I need the room. Works vey nice. It has a remote control level control. I picked up the audio from the rear speaker wire in the columns. Used the cig lighter plug in the rear for power. neat package sounds just right now.

could you take a picture? or explain how you did this? I have a 2004 rx330 with mark levinson too, and want to buy the infinity basslink. Does the Cig lighter plug work ok?

Also if you could give me some help on where to hook the wires and what i need i'd appreciate it, hell id even throw some money your way via pay pal.

nick

spaniola@spaniola.com

That is one way which is much simpler than mine. But for an open air vehicle like an rx or any hatch car.A simple and space efficent way is to use a bazzoka tube. They make a few styles now and have self powered and non amplified. .It doesn;t add anything to the sound but braoden the lower end as to not cause any spatial crossover or anyother added noise. Also can be removed with a click of the harness and it is out withing 15 seconds. I love mine for about $300 with a built in amp.

I have an RX300. Tried a Bazooka when I first got it. Sounded like crap. Put in a 12 inch woofer in a box -- perfect. Plus I have a 200 watt or so amp powering it. Already had the amp from my prior car. Got everything professionally installed. Can easily remove the box by just unhooking the two wires to the woofer when I need to.

Yeah, I can not figure out based on the picture where that is taken at. Is it in the door? or in the pannel between the driver seat and the rear passenger leg area?

Yes the panel between the doors. All the panels snap off. But be careful and use a insulated special prybar (these are small, like a screwdriver with a large curved 1"head)so you don't damage the plastic.

Also use clip on terminals so you don't cut the wire.

If you have never performed these types of installations perhaps consider using the services of a pro installer.

Good luck. One final note I added a 1 farad cap next to the basslink, really helps deepen the bass punch due to the voltage drop in the wiring.

Just connected the rear door speaker inputs. Radio set to Front, which sounds the best. More bass if set to rear, but you lose the presence in the front.

Trying to pull the front apart for those speaker wires was a thought, but this worked out well enough.

The factory bass is not bad just needed a little more...

hi spaniolar,

your car looks nice and the audio system is installed professionally.

can you tell us how much do you spend on the aftermarket audio upgrade.

i'm going to do mine few days later.

bought the basslink on sound domain for 236.40 shipped. had the xm and everything installed for 170. had them run all the cables, use a high level to low level rca convertor, the installer guy said it was more expensive one but would allow all the speakers to work and was for high powered head units. Sounds great. I will try to take some more pics and re-size the new ones :)

it seems that u had upgraded the amp, add rca converter and had all the cable run. the price is quite good and the installation is neat.

i can see in the picture that the installer had custom made a plastic box to enclose the amp, is it?

That box is the whole unit, its made by infinity, i bought it on sounddomain.com and had them price match etronics who was out of stock. its a all in one setup, 200w class d amp, 10" sub, 10" passive radiator. works great!