1996 Es300 Interior Dome Light Doesn't Come On

When I bought the car it had been involved in an accident on the left side, and I can tell the kinda half-assed the repairs. I bought it because it is in fairly good mechanical shape and only cost me three digits.

Anyway, my key doesn't work in the driver's door because they didn't switch the lock cylinders. So I have to lock and unlock it from the passengers side. When I open the drivers door after unlocking it, the dome light does not come on, nor does the light in the door. The locks and window switches on the drivers door *do* work, though.

When I open the passenger door, the interior light comes on like it should, and the light inside the passenger door comes on, but not the drivers door.

Also, after I shut the car off, the clock stays on! The clock is *always* running no matter what. Is this normal? Also, the headlights stay on after shutting the car off as well.

Check the door switch on your driver's side door. Mine, too, (97 ES300) has been sticking lately, but that's only because its been super-!Removed! cold out lately - Anchorage, AK. I know mine is sticking when the headlights don't turn themselves off right away. WD-40 should cure it. The clock, though, not sure. Good luck.