Tailight Replacement

wishama

How do you remove the tail light cover (or lens) on a 2010 RX 350? I have everything off except one wire that is still connected. Also is it possible to just replace the outer lens cover?

How do you remove the tail light cover (or lens) on a 2010 RX 350? I have everything off except one wire that is still connected. Also is it possible to just replace the outer lens cover?

If you have the entire light assembly partially removed and you are looking to just replace the clear lens on the outside, you can't - I assume it is cracked or scratched? If so the entire lens addembly needs to be replaced:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2011-lexus-rx-350-TAILLIGHT-TAIL-LIGHT-OEM-LEFT-DRIVERS-SIDE-/130597639217

That is not say that there may be away to cut apart the unit and glue a new outer lens on, but it is not made to do this.

Alphadog is right, removing the lens is not a DIY job, you would have to heat up the assembly to get the lens off and glue it back. Besides, you will have a hard time finding just the replacment lens.

• 4 years later...